It might seem like this is a fairly light meal, it’s not! This recipe for Mediterranean Salad is packed full of bright flavors. The spices in the dressing give it a bold taste that are sharpened by the tartness of lemon juice. The occasional vinegary drip from its pepperoncini peppers also pack a tiny flavor punch.
The recipe itself is fast and easy to make. It’s ideal for those nights where you’re feeling hungry but don’t want to make too many dishes. Plus, they are deceptively filling! You could serve these salads as an appetizer or a side along with a larger meal. More often than not, I just make them the main course. It pairs very well with a nice glass of red wine and some crusty bread like a baguette. If you are feeling more experimental (and less vegetarian), I suggest also topping it with a few chopped up anchovies.
The best part is that you can really add in whatever ingredients you have on available. For example, when it comes to cheese, you can choose to be traditional and add feta cheese. In my tiny kitchen though, I almost never have feta on hand so I just dice up some cheddar cheese instead. Other alternatives that would work are pepperjack, provolone, or even some shredded mozzarella. It’s really the dressing, olives, and pepperoncini peppers that give it the mediterranean flavor.
- 6-10 leaves lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 12 kalamata olives
- 4 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch sage
- pinch thyme
- pinch basil
- Shred (or chiffonade) the lettuce and divide between two bowls.
- Mince the garlic and sprinkle on top of each bowl of lettuce.
- Dice the tomato and add to each bowl.
- Add cheese. If you are using feta cheese (recommended) simply crumble on top of the salad. If you are using a harder cheese such as cheddar, dice or shred it before adding to the bowls.
- Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, sage, basil, and thyme. Top each salad with 2 whole pepperoncini peppers and 6 kalamata olives and serve!
Did You Try This Recipe? Rate it!
Mention @TinyKitchenCuisine or tag #TinyKitchenCuisine on social media!
Preparing Mediterranean Salad In A Tiny Kitchen
No cooking is required for this dinner! Plus, it’s vegetarian. The counter space required is pretty minimal and you will basically just need a knife and cutting board to prepare the vegetables. Clean up is super easy too. All you will need to wash is a cutting board, knife, and a couple of forks and two bowls. This is an ideal meal for when you’re boondocking on a warm evening.